- Duration: 30 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code: PR69XW
Private whisky tastings are a great way to celebrate an occasion with friends, and are pre-set ensuring a table is reserved for you when you arrive. Upon arrival one of our knowledgeable floor team will talk your group through the four whiskies on tasting, including how to best enjoy the whisky on tasting, the story behind the whisky, regional influencers and distillery history. After a 15-45 minute talk, your group will be left to enjoy the whisky in their own time, whilst having full access to the open bar, and to staff whom are happy to answer any questions.
Alternative days available upon request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
* These sessions are hosted at Whisky & Alement with a maximum of 25 guests, more seats may be available upon request. > Please note that this is a table booking during standard trading hours.
Time restrictions may apply. Should your group wish to exceed the reservation period of 2 hours, the bar at Whisky & Alement is serving until 1am.
Minimum - 6 guests
Maximum - 25 guests (dependent on the day)
Melbourne Whisky Room,
Upstairs, 270 Russell Street, Melbourne
THE MODENA COLLECTION - $65
This collection reflects the decadent and showy region of Modena, Italy. The home of Ferrari, Pavarotti and Maserati, where life is about enjoyment through food, drink and friendship. Share these drams similarly!
1. Samaroli - Dailuaine "Wild and Primitive" … Speyside … 48%
2. Wilson & Morgan - Westport 18 year old (teaspooned Glenmo.) … Highlands … 58.5%
3. Silver Seal - Pluscarden Valley 21 year old … Speyside … 45.7%
4. Hidden Spirits - Ardmore 6 year old … Speyside … 48%
THE FLAVOUR EXTREMES - $60
Scotch whisky flavours in an up-front, undeniable selection. Extreme examples of malty
sweetness, rich treacly sherry, maritime saltiness and bold, smoky peat.
1. Acorn Ltd. - Miltonduff 21 year old … Speyside … 58%
2. OB - Springbank 12 year old cask strength … Campbeltn. … 50.3%
3. Blended Malt - Spencer Collings 10 years old … 54.8%
4. OB - Octomore 7.1 … Islay … 61%
INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLERS SELECTION - $55
The secret is out. “Whisky doesn’t have to come from Scotland.” In this selection, diverse new flavours will broaden the mind and palate. What’s history and location without a bit of ingenuity? These producers have it in spades.
1. Puni Nova … Italy … 43%
2. Kavalan Sherry Oak … Taiwan … 46%
3. Amrut Fusion … India … 50%
4. Tiger Snake Sour Mash … Albany … 43%
PEAT LOVERS PARADISE - $50
Peated whiskies are hot property in the modern whisky world, here’s a selection that covers, international peat, Scottish mainland peat and of course the medicinal Islay styles too. You’re definitely “in the big smoke.”
1. Westland Peated … Seattle … 46%
2. Longrow Peated … Campbeltn. … 46%
3. Kilchoman Sanaig … Islay … 46%
4. Ardbeg Corryvreckan … Islay … 57.1%
THE SCOTCH MALT WHISKY SOCIETY SELECTION - $70
The Scotch Malt Whisky Society is an independent bottler of over 130 whisky
distilleries worldwide. Founded in 1983, the Society offers an excellent
selection of single cask, cask strength whiskies from the most unusual casks.
1. SMWS 41.72 A Library of Spices (Spicy ginger cake) … Speyside … 60%
2. SMWS 112.12 A builder's tea break (Suncream & biscuits) … Highlands … 57.9%
3. SMWS 93.69 Props for a Hammer Film (Coconut & black tea) … Campbeltn. … 59.5%
4. SMWS 3.272 Perfect potted (Daffodils, sausages) … Islay … 54.5%
A SPECIAL OCCASION - $135
A selection of vintage whiskies usually restricted to the collector’s cabinet. (this option is available for
1. OB - Brora 30 year old (B2009) … Highlands … 53.2%
2. Silver Seal - Bunnahabhain 1980 34 year old … Islay … 46.6%
3. SMWS - 132.2 Stunning Panorama of Exotic Fruits … Japan … 62.4%
THE DESSERT TABLE - $55
Fruit salad, with yoghurt and honey. Crème brulee with berry compote. Vanilla ice cream and crushed hazelnuts. Dessert should be fun, it should be a treat. Let this carefully arranged selection take the place of four desserts, guilt free… Almost!
1. Hibiki 12 year old … Japan … 43%
2. Macallan 12 year old sherry casks … Speyside … 43%
3. Blair Athol 12 year old Flora & Fauna … Highlands … 43%
4. Michter's Unblended American whisky … Kentucky … 41.7%
CLASS - $80 (must be confirmed with a member of our staff prior to booking)
A 50% deposit is required upon booking. Deposit is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation.
Remaining payment is due on the evening of the event prior to it's commencement.
DISABLED ACCESS: Please note that the tasting room is located on level 1 and accessible only via stairs. If you are unable to climb stairs, it may be possible to move the tasting to a wheelchair accessible venue located on the ground level. Please ensure you request disabled access when confirming your booking. Alternatively, if you would like to ask any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our events team on 03 9654 1284 / email@example.com
For any questions about bookings and/or packages, please don't hesitate to call Brooke on 03 9654 1284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that all whiskies are served in tasting sizes of 15ml each.