From The Cellar: Dalwhinnie
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code: PA10PM
Standing tall over all other distilleries in Scotland at 326 metres above sea level, resting within the Grampian mountains of the Highlands, is Dalwhinnie.
A distillery that goes out of their way to the produce of heavy, suphery, new make spirit. With clear wort, long fermentations and a lyne arm that runs into classic worm tubs, this meaty monster is tamed into the gentle dram we know, only by 15+ years in refill casks.
In 1986, during a modernisation of the distillery, the worms were removed and shell and tube condensers put in. The character changed. In 1995, the condensers came out and worms were re-installed. Even then, the character wasn’t quite the same as in the past. So, we're going back, to taste what the old tubs made. Join our own Julian White for the unique opportunity to crack open three bottles of rare Dalwhinnie, pulled from the cellar.
- Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Single Malt - Current
- Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Single Malt - Pre 1986 - 40%
- Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Single Malt - Pre 2001 - 43%
- Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Single Malt - 100th Anniversary, Centenary Distillery Bottling 1998 - 56.1%
- Dalwhinnie Distillers Edition Single Malt - 43%
Bar snacks provided
Doors open 6pm, Tasting begins 6.30pm