Ailsa Bay: Pushing the Boundaries of Flavour
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code: PP0QSK
Built by William Grant & Sons in 2007 on the same Girvan site where Ladyburn had once stood, Ailsa Bay's first official bottling as a single malt, Ailsa Bay Sweet Smoke 1.1, was a no-age-statement, heavily peated whisky, released Feb 2016. The expression unleashed the full flexibiility of Ailsa Bay's production set up, combining innovative techniques in the way of spirit cut points, vatting, and maturation. Ailsa Bay is also the first whisky to have an analysed measurement of sweetness, made possible by processes coined by master blender Brian Kinsman.Join James Macrae as he guides us through tasting the four casks that make up such a game changing whisky.
- Ailsa Bay Cask Strength Cask sample - Ex-Hudson Baby Bourbon Cask (25-100L).
- Ailsa Bay Cask Strength Cask sample - Virgin American Oak barrel (200L).
- Ailsa Bay Cask Strength Cask sample - first fill Bourbon barrel (200L).
- Ailsa Bay Cask Strength Cask sample - re-fill American Oak barrel (200L).
- Ailsa Bay Sweet Smoke 1.2
Bar snacks provided