Virtual Event: Waxing Lyrical! Clynelish with Matt Bailey and Nick Edwards
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Product code: PTAALU
Testing, testing... Set yourself up at home on the 8th of July with 5 x 15ml pours of Clynelish single malt, and turn your microphone on! Whisky & Alement invites you to pick the brain of not one, but two of the country's top Whisky Ambassadors.
The long renowned 'waxy beast' of the Scottish highlands, mouth-coating and sometimes mineralic, part of the reason Clynelish is so unique is due to an intentional gunk build-up in the feints receiver. Distillery staff found that when removed during the annual clean, it changed the character of the spirit dramatically.
Take part in a coastal, Clynelish deep dive with Nick Edwards (Diageo) and Matt Bailey (The Scotch Malt Whisky Society) as we tackle all things texture and taste. Crack into some unrepeatable whiskies; distillery releases, and single casks alike.
Flavor profile of Clynelish distillery:
A textural anomaly! Soy candles, bright orange sherbert, vanilla cream waters, old lemonade, fresh citrus
- 15ml x Clynelish 14 Year Old Single Malt - 46%
- 15ml x Clynelish 10 Year Old by Signatory Vintage, bourbon casks - 46%
- 15ml x Clynelish Connoisseurs Choice by Gordon & MacPhail 2004 - 46%
- 15ml x SMWS 26.134 "I loved this distillery before it was cool" 8 Year Old Single Malt, First Fill Ex-Bourbon - 57.5%
- 15ml x SMWS 26.124 "Fun and frolic" 7 Year Old Single Malt, First Fill Ex-Bourbon - 59.4%
- 15ml x Clynelish 20 Year Old Single Malt, 200th Anniversary Distillery Bottling - 57.3%
- Johnnie Walker Gold + Fever Tree Ginger (see below)
How do I join the event online?
You will receive a link via email 1 day prior to the event. For any queries, please contact Miranda at email@example.com
Pickup & Postage:
- Pickup of Clynelish tasting packs is available free of charge from Whisky & Alement at 270 Russell Street, Melbourne and you will be notified via email when your pack is ready for pickup.
- Express Postage of Clynelish tasting packs is available for a flat fee of $9 per pack.
Limited tickets available
$79 per person