Meet the Maker: Yack Creek founder and distiller Jamie Heritage presents an award winning lineup
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code: PXRM9Z
Join Jamie Heritage, founder and distiller of Yack Creek Distillery and Whisky & Alement events co-ordinator Miranda Lidgerwood in Yack Creek Distillery's first official tasting! 6 whiskies will be poured, two award winners, two current releases and two up-and-coming cask samples.
Quickly taking out a whopping 7 awards at the Australian Distilled Spirits Awards including 'Champion Australian Micro Batch Spirit 2020', and 'Champion Victorian Distillery 2020', Yack Creek Distillery came onto the market with a bang. Located in Yackandandah, Jamie Heritage has founded the second distillery in the area. Situated 2 kilometres out of the township on acreage with the creek to the east, and the Stanley State forest to the south. Yack Creek has joined Backwoods Distillery on the humble Yackandandah landscape, and by doing so, created quite the road-trip opportunity!
Yack Creek distillery started as an idea in 2015, where two mates with a passion for whisky and rum were discussing business opportunities (with the dream of creating their own spirits) while sunning it up on a beach in Victoria. Their idea became a hobby and soon enough a leap-of-faith with the ambitious dream of creating a micro distillery. Fast forward 4 short years to December 2019 and the team at Yack Creek Distillery achieved their dream, launching their first small batch releases of Whisky, Rum, Gin and Vodka.
Fun fact: All neutral spirits are created on premise from Australian sourced grain and molasses, and their young orchard will eventually assist in supplying flavour to their many products.
- Yack Creek batch 006 single malt, french oak cask finished in a sour mash bourbon cask - 48%
- Yack Creek batch 004 single malt using a small percentage of lightly smoked grain, matured in french oak ex sherry cask (Gold medal at the ADSA 2020) - 49.0%
- Yack Creek batch 005, single malt using a small percentage of lightly smoked grain, cask strength, french oak ex sherry cask (Silver Medal at the ADSA 2020) - 54%
- Yack Creek batch 007 single malt, ex-bourbon cask - 60%
- (pre release) Yack Creek single malt, bourbon cask, finished in an apera cask - ABV unknown
- (pre release) Yack Creek wheat / barley whisky ex bourbon cask, finished in new american oak - ABV unknown
When & Where:
At the bar! Doors open at 6.30pm for a 7pm start, located at Whisky & Alement, 270 Russell Street Melbourne.