A Tasting Bonanza: Campbeltown Malts Festival with Matt Bailey
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, VIC
- Product code: PESGVA
In the 1800 and 1900's, Campbeltown was the whisky capital of the world with 20-odd distilleries in production, all but one of them, located within the town. A story of substantial rise, fall, rise and repeat, the 'Whisky City' or 'Whisky Land' - as it was dubbed by Alfred Barnard - is now home to 3 cornerstone, surviving whisky distilleries, and one gin distillery established in 2016!
Since the good people of Campbeltown just celebrated their annual Malts Festival in May, opening the doors to the distilleries and letting the whisky flow, it seems rude not to explore a line-up of limited, festival exclusive, west-coast belters (as well as some very special distillery OB's!). Presented by the Scotch Malt Whisky Societies legendary national ambassador, Matt Bailey, join us as we revel in the signature style of one Scotlands most lauded whisky producing regions.
Dram on arrival: Cadenhead's Shop blended malt hand-bottling
- Kilkerran Open Day 2019 - 57.1%
- SMWS 93.110 'West coast warlock' - European 2019 Festival Exclusive - 60.1%
- SMWS 114.4 'A Para Handy Tales' - Early 2000's bottling - 57.8%
- SMWS 93.108 'Earthy and Masculine' - Festival Bottling 2019 - 58.0%
- Longrow 10 for Springbank Society, fresh sherry butt - 53.9%
- Kilkerran Heavily Peated - 59.3%
Tuesday 20 August
Doors open 6pm, tasting commences 6.30pm